Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The crappiness continues...

So I wake up this morning to the Hubster telling me that I have to help him get stuff out of the freezer.
The fridge half is fine, but the freezer side is warm.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!
This means that food is lost, and sometime soon we will we buying a new fridge.
Yay.
Then I take Jared to preschool and run to WallyWorld to get cleaning supplies for the house.
I hate WallyWorld, but they have the ink for our printer.
So I go get Jared from preschool, where he runs out the door in tears.
I try to figure out what's wrong, and he didn't get a sticker.

 Well that usually means that the child was misbehaving, but he was first out the door.
So I was confused.
Mrs. Teacher usually holds misbehaved children until last so she can share with Mom.
Well, after a long, sobbing drive home, I found out that Mrs. Teacher ran out of stickers.
She told Jared to have me give him one when he got home.  No problemo, she knows we have a sticker behavior chart.
But to a little boy with special needs, that sticker is a badge of honor, and all he knows is that he came out without one.
My heart just broke for him.
When I opened his backpack, of course there was his reward ticket that he gets when he is a good boy.
He finally calmed down when I gave him a sticker at home. 
Then we went to the library and I went home the wrong way...
Cue sobbing.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment